Nevada standoff trial: What you need to know [(copy and pasted) go to The Oregonian for complete information from @MaxOregonian]
By MAXINE BERNSTEIN
The Oregonian | OregonLive
Each defendant faces 16 criminal counts:
- Conspiracy to commit an offense against the United States, between March 2014 and March 2016
- Conspiracy to impede or injure a federal officer, between March 2014 and March 2016
- Using and carrying a firearm in relation to a crime of violence and aiding and abetting , 3 counts
- Assault on a federal officer and aiding and abetting, 2 counts (April 9 and 12, 2014)
- Threatening a federal law enforcement officer and aiding and abetting, 2 counts (April 11 and 12, 2014)
- Obstruction of the due administration of justice and aiding and abetting, 3 counts (April 6, 9 and 12, 2014)
- Interfering with interstate commerce by extortion and aiding and abetting, 2 counts (April 2, 9 and 12, 2014)
- Interstate travel in aid of extortion and aiding and abetting, 2 counts (April 5 and April 12, 2014)
- Steven W. Myhre, Nevada’s acting U.S. attorney, who was appointed March 11 after the resignation the day before of Nevada U.S. Attorney Daniel Bogden
- Daniel R. Schiess, assistant U.S. attorney
- Nadia J. Ahmed, assistant U.S. attorney
- Erin M. Creegan, special assistant U.S. attorney, a trial attorney in the U.S. Department of Justice’s counterterrorism section based in Washington, D.C.
U.S. District Judge Gloria M. Navarro, a native of Las Vegas, was nominated to the federal bench on Dec. 24, 2009, by President Barack Obama. On Jan. 1, 2014, she became the district’s chief judge.
She previously worked as a chief deputy district attorney for Clark County, Nevada, in the civil division, defending the county in federal civil rights and employment law cases. Before that, she worked as a county special public defender handling indigent clients who faced murder charges with potential death penalty sentences. In the 1990s, she ran her own law firm doing criminal defense and family law.
DEFENDANTS and their LAWYERS continue to http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2017/11/nevada_standoff_trial_what_you.html#incart_river_home